|Our Corporate Commitment To Everyone's Future!|
The McCracken Label "Green Smart Program" entails educating both our employees and our vendors of our commitment to safe environmental protection practices.
It starts with offering multiple sustainable label products:
- Renewable Papers - "Tree free" label materials made from cotton linters and sugar cane or bamboo
- Dissolvable Paper - Paper label material that dissolves in water, and is biodegradable
- Soy based inks - inks that are entirely natural and eco-friendly and derived from a renewable source
We also strive to use the most ecologically friendly products for all of our production opportunities. For example, the use of thinner films as an option for both laminating and print, always keeping in mind the most effective yield result as it relates to waste and overall quality.
In the past year McCracken has implemented:
- A "Safe Grounds Policy" eliminating the use of herbicides on our grounds
- A new direct-to-plate pre-press system reducing film negatives and chemical usage
- New lighting systems Plant-wide significantly reducing airborne pollutants
- New Label Production Equipment that significantly reduces set-up and production while reducing waste costs by more than 15%
It is McCracken's belief that the good of the environment should always be the #1 priority in assessing all operations. We feel the cost associated with having a "Green Policy" is always secondary to being a responsible and environmentally friendly partner in our community.